Village Life #2 - Sharing my 3 kinds of happiness | West Village : Village Life #2 - Sharing my 3 kinds of happiness

Friday 22 May 2015

Village Life #2 - Sharing my 3 kinds of happiness

1/ FRANCO MANCA PIZZA  

Back in 2008, residing in Herne Hill, I was very proud of the gutsy little Franco Manca in Brixton Market that served up deliciously simple sourdough pizzas amongst the yams, reggae and incense. Since then, Giuseppe Mascoli's one man operation has turned into a true rags to riches tale having just completed on a £27.5million deal with the Fulham Shore Restaurant Group.

My Bestie and I checked out the Northcote Road branch last night and thankfully, found that the heart and soul of Franco Manca from Brixton Market remains alive and well. I ordered a No. 5 (tomatoes, mozzarella, anchovies and capers), Bestie order No.4, (ham and mozzarella). Beautifully fresh and served in comfortable, informal surroundings, it was the perfect, low-key dinner and at £23 for the two of us, a freelance frugality win.

Brixton Market, where it all began

2/ ANIMAL HEADS APP

If ever there was an excuse to waste an hour larking about on your smartphone, it's the Animal Face App. I got wind of it over lunch today and spent my entire train journey home doing this.

You're welcome.




3/ DESIGN FOR HAPPINESS

I distinctly remember reading an article by US Design Critic Don Norman about the importance of designing products that are emotionally pleasing for the end user. It was around the time that I was deliberating parting with £700 to buy my first Macbook. What convinced me was the notion that the most frequently used everyday products, items, devices in your life should be highly functional but should also bring you the most joy.

So putting that theory into practice, I bought this stapler.








No comments :

01 ; 04 var bs_pinButtonPos = "center"; 05 var bs_pinPrefix = ""; 06 var bs_pinSuffix = ""; 07 //]]> 08 10